Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Is it really enough

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NKJV)

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NLT)

Is His grace really sufficient? Is it really all you need? I can tell you yes. The thing about this lesson is that I think I share with all that I know about His grace being enough and it may not help you at all. I think this is lesson you to learn yourself. You have to personally witness this yourself in order to truly understand it.

But what is grace? Webster dictionary says that grace is unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification and a virtue coming from God. I've often heard it said that grace is getting more than what we deserve. When it comes down to it, we haven't done anything worthy of getting God's attention or having God do anything special for us. Yet He still does it. God loves to make you smile. It's His hobby. That is what grace is. Grace is good taking the weak, small, meaningless things and making the great, wonderful, and amazing.

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8 (NKJV)

The great thing about grace is that God gives it freely, and almost to point where it seems to overflow. God does this because as His grace works in your life He is gloried. He is seen through the good works you do. Grace really is great thing. It flows from Him so that you can focus on Him.

I've learned that His is grace is sufficient. It wasn't any easy thing to learn. God allowed to go to India to help out in an orphanage. The reason for this is so that He could show that His grace is all that I need. The children living in this orphanage had lost their parents or their parents had abandoned them because they couldn't feed them. These children don't have much. In fact all that they own can fit into a backpack. They have these backpacks because my church gave them to the children. They were happy and content. They didn't seem to be in want. They know that God is all they need. I, however, get sad, depressed and upset. I have both my parents, I have never gone to bed hungry, I have all my needs and wants meet everyday. I couldn't fit all my belongings into two suitcases, it wasn't enough space. I didn't think God was sufficient. Something was wrong and a thought process need changing. If God was enough for these children, why wasn't He enough for me? I was the one who had to look for God to be enough. It took time and it wasn't easy, but now I can proudly say that God is all need. God is sufficient.

Just look for His grace and it will become sufficient

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16 (NIV)

It's ok if you don't know that His grace is sufficient. That great thing about God is that if you ask for something that is in His will, He'll give it to. I can assure that knowing God is sufficient is in His will. Just ask. His grace is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment