Friday, January 21, 2011

Something that is impossible

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. Psalm 139:7-12 (NIV)


Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit? to be out of your sight? Psalm 139:7 (MSG)

It just isn't possible to run away from God. There are times in your life that you may want to run away from Him, but you can't. He'll follow you and guide you and help you. He delights in watching over you.

Life may get hard. You get upset or disappointed, or even frustrated with life and God. You can't run from Him. Jonah ran from God. The word of the LORD came to Jonah son of Amittai: “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me." But Jonah ran away from the LORD and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the LORD. Jonah 1:1-3 (NIV) Jonah didn't like what God told him to do, so Jonah ran away from the Lord. It did him no good. God sent a storm. Jonah was thrown over board, eaten by fish. Only to end up on where God had told him to go.

It's doesn't matter what is going on in your life you can't run from God. I've tried it. I was frustrated with God, nothing seemed to be working out to me. I was very mad at God. So I packed my bags, I got on a plane and flew to Korea. Thinking the whole time I was running away from. I ran away from God so hard and so fast, that I ended up in His arm. Even though I thought I was running away, God was really guiding back to Him. In that time of running, I grew as a person, and in my relationship God by leaps and bounds. It's so amazing that even though I was trying to get away, God wouldn't let me.

That's the great thing about God. Once you have asked Him into life, He doesn't walk away. He doesn't leave you. He will guide you and be with until the end. If you have ran away and it feels like you are lost and He isn't there. It's ok. Start looking for Him, call out to Him. Jonah cried out God and God had the fish vomit. God will take you back. You mean the world to Him. He gave up his place in heaven so that you could have spot. He never took away even when you started. Just remember He'll guide you. He's already forgiven you for running away, just run back.

1 comment:

  1. I find it interesting that I had not read this at the time that I was asking you about your time in Korea! He knows everything, all our conversations, thoughts, desires. Like you said, God will hunt us down, there is no hiding from him...enjoy His comapany and His presence :) He has you in His arms!

    ReplyDelete