Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Not just another stamp in the passport

So tomorrow, I get on a plane and start traveling to South Africa. The thing about this trip is it isn't a vacation, this isn't some sightseeing trip. The part that make it really exciting is who I am going with. I'm going with Amor. Since I've been to Mexico and San Carlos, this is super exiting.
I love building with Amor. I'm just building a house, I'm help build hope in area of the world that is need of hope. Amor does more than just build houses. After the group is gone and the house is done, Amor stays behind with a pastor board. The pastor board is from community and they keep an eye on the people, and keep meeting their needs for water, food, warmth, and even giving them the word of God.
I got excited about this trip that last time I was in Mexico. I worked with Luke, he works mostly in South Africa, he told me about the building and the camp. I got really excited. Then I received word about Women of Strength. James saved the money and by January, I was ready to go. I've read some stuff by Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela. South Africa has rich history and is still on the mend from the awful apartheid. I can't wait to get there and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment