Wednesday, November 19, 2014

It was the biggest lie I was ever told

When I was going through high school, I was constantly being told "These are the greatest years of  your life. These are the best years of your life." Honestly, I contribute these phrase to be a cause of my depression. High school is not the greatest years of life. They may be for some, and I feel sorry for those who that statement is true.

Your late twenties is when life starts to get good. At least it is for me. I lot of things happened to make this time in my life the best years. I have figured out who I am, and wear it so well. I'm comfortable with who I am. I am a little loud, a little crazy, and passionate. I'm a child of the One True King. I know this because that is what Siri calls me when I talk to her. I am me to the fullest. I'm pretty sure I'm a pretty awesome too. Another thing that makes being in this time of my life so great, is that for the most part, I spend my time around people who like me. I'm not forced to spend day after day with people who are stuck up and down right mean. Now when it comes to working every once in while I get that one person who doesn't like me. I limit my interaction with them. If my job doesn't have doing it than I don't. Now don't think I'm cold shoulder mean to them either. I smile and say hi and I am nice, but I don't spend 2 hours after school sitting in their classroom chatting with them. That's for sure. It comes down to this I like myself, I mean I really like myself. It's not this self obsessed kind of thing. I know that I'm not an awful person, so I spend time with people who feel the same as I do. You don't have think I'm all that, but there's a difference between people who like me and people who don't like me.

Another that makes my life so great is my husband. I'll admit it hasn't been rainbows and butterflies. It's been life. When the day is done and over, he loves me. I get to spend time a lot of time with him. I get to do things with him. Sure, he gets mad when I open my stupid mouth. We have our inside jokes, we flirt and play around. Even though I've gained 50 lbs. he still finds me attractive. Are we perfect? Far from it, but we made the choice to be married to each other.

My life is adventure. I can't tell you where I'll be in 5 years from now. I find this to be really great. I've gotten to live in lower AL, three years in AK, and now I am in coastal GA. I find this to be a great part of life.

Do your teenagers a favor, quick telling them they are in the best years of their life. They may not be there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment