Sunday, May 9, 2010

I just don't understand somethings

Before I get to the main point, I feel I should give some background. I attend two churches. I go to Royal Palms Baptist Church. I have been going there since I was 15, I will probably always think of it as my home church. About three years, I was on an amor trip and had three sites I was watching over. One of these groups was Trinity Baptist of Mesa. I went to a Sunday morning and filled out the visitor info. I was called and told about an evening service. I went and checked out. It was a good service and the people were great. I've been going ever since.

In January, Royal Palms sent Jeremiah Johnson to Mozambique. He went to work with the Dinah family. He was going out to villages and preach the gospels. He was doing amazing things. He was reach new villages and going into to villages that had been reached but had moved away for the gospel. One day, he had gone out to visit the first village he made contact with. He was returning home on a motorcycle on a small one line road when an another on coming car tried to pass him. It hit on the side and sent him flying. God took him home.

Tonight at Trinity, they had a missionary, Doug Cannon, visiting and he spoke. He had be in be over in Asia teaching and preaching. He moved over to China. He was reaching a people that live up in the mountains. These people also haven't really be reached either. About six months ago, he was riding in car on high mountain, it hit an ice patch and slide. The car went over the side of the mountain. He broke his neck. He was taken to hospital in Hong Kong. He had a surgery and has recovered. He has most of the motion back in his neck.

So I'm left wondering something. Why did Jeremiah die? Why did Doug live? It just it doesn't make sense. They were both out there doing great things God. They were both furthering God's kingdom. Why was Jeremiah taken home? Why was Doug healed? Why is Royal Palms left hurting and dealing with the loss and pain? Why is Trinity celebrating the life and healing? I wish I had answers. I wish I knew the reason. I know that God has a reason and his plans are good and wonderful. I just want to know why I had crying at Jon's desk, and why my first friend to pass away was younger than me and doing great things for things God? Why does it hurt? When will it stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment