Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's all in the plans

He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names. Psalm 147:4 (ESV)

God spent time creating everything. I'm pretty sure, He had it all planned out before hand. He took the time to count the stars. God knows how many stars are in the sky. Stop and think about that for a second. God can tell you how many stars probably just as quickly as a teacher can tell you how many students are in her class. This is a huge number and God knows it, most likely off the top of his head too. Now look at the rest of that verse: he gives to all of them their names. As He put them in their place he gave them a name. Other version says he calls them by name. Not only did He name, He remembers them and uses them. Just like a teacher who can tell you them name of all her students with very little thought, God can point to star and tell you its name. He took time to name the stars, this is something that seems unimportant. I can't think of a reason why the stars would even name the stars, but it was important to Him and He did it. What else has taken the time to invest in? What else was so important to Him that spent that much time on it? Try you and your life. God cares about the details.

You number and record my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle--are they not in Your book? Psalm 56:8 (AMP)

He is the details. He even took the time to write them down. What you are doing and where you are going is so important that He took the time to write them down. Just like the stars, He took the time to count and record the events in your life. Nothing that you do is meaningless. People don't write down things that don't have purpose. You are so important to God that He took the time to count and record your events. It's funny, we don't even take the time to record our wanderings, yet God already has. It's in His book, I would even guess that He reads this book. You are so important to Him that he collects your tears and then writes about them. His tears matter to you. People only take the time to collect things that they think has value. Your tears have value to Him. I'm not sure what that value is, but I can tell you they matter to Him enough that He bottles them. Tears come in all kinds of setting people cry when they are sad, mad and even happy. It doesn't matter what kind they are He has them in bottle. He writes about them too.

The next time you begin to worry about something, remember He already has it written down. He knows what is going to happen. If you start cry remember, He's got bottle and for some reason He is saving those tears, He's adding them to His collection. They are important to Him.

2 comments:

  1. Two songs that I like that speak of God's love and concern for us are:
    Watch Tommy Walker
    He Knows My Name

    I have a Maker
    He formed my heart
    Before even time began
    My life was in his hands

    I have a Father
    He calls me His own
    He'll never leave me
    No matter where I go

    He knows my name
    He knows my every thought
    He sees each tear that falls
    And He hears me when I call

    And,
    Kerrie Roberts "No Matter What"
    http://www.hearitfirst.com/artisthome.aspx?discog_item_id=1044484

    In the link, Kerrie talks about what the song means and what inspired her to write it. The song has a line that says God knows every heart ache that we will endure and the problem has already went through His hands. (paraphrase) I could not copy and paste for some reason :(

    Lyrics
    http://www.songlyrics.com/kerrie-roberts/no-matter-what-lyrics/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It blows my mind that He accounts for every tear... the thing that blows my mind even more is the fact that he already knew that I would shed those tears before anything even happened. He wants to be the one to catch our tears and the shoulder we lean on. He let's us shed these tears so that we may learn to depend on Him for our strength.

    ReplyDelete