Friday, December 9, 2011

This One has to be Different

Often there's a post on facebook about military wives. It'll talk about how they are strong, and independent. If you watched any movie about the military that shows the wife of a soldier, she's strong and independent. If you've seen Army Wives or The Unit, those wives are strong and independent. So I ask, what's wrong with me? Why am I different? If you have spent anytime with me and have gotten to know, I'm dependent as the come. There isn't anybody out there who is more dependent than I am. So did God forgot to give my independence or did He have another reason for not giving me any.

See, I have a very intense relationship with Christ. I saw intense because I'm one of those Christian that has removed Christ from the box, and I let him have every aspect, every corner. There isn't a place in my life I keep from him. He knows more than just my name and the numbers of hair on my head, he knows more than my deepest thoughts, he sees more than my coming and goings. He knows that if he gives me an once of independence, I wouldn't go to him. I wouldn't depend on him. Sure I turn to people first, but after they fail or they just aren't there, I turn to Christ. Now I can tell you he's working on getting me turn to him first before I go to people. The last two times, I've really need James, he's been on TDY. Not in the city, gone, the band off playing somewhere. My only choice to depend on Christ.

So does an army wife have to be independent? I don't think she has to be, as long as, she depends on the right one.

1 comment:

  1. You are dependent, but you are very confident in who you are depending on! It's cool to see. i think you have a lot of faith and courage to be out there on adventures, and be so positive about it and trusting God in all. ;)

    ReplyDelete