Sunday, August 5, 2012

Where the magic happens

I try very hard to not have a comfort zone, I'll even tell you don't really have one. When it comes to going and doing, I'll do and go. I realized in on a rooftop in Mexico that magic happens outside the your comfort zone and that magic is amazing. It draws you into your relationship with God, it's the greatest thing I've ever felt. Because of that day on the rooftop, I vowed not to have comfort zone, that if God was going to take me there, I would go.
I do have a "place" I'm not comfortable. When it comes to formal pray not comfortable especially like out load in front of other people. In May, Bonnie invited to come and pray Tuesday mornings at church. We spend about 30 minutes quietly praising God and the we come together to praise and petition God. At this point still not comfortable with the whole praying thing.
So you are probably wondering where South Africa comes into play here. On Sunday morning, we got up and were getting ready for church and a tour around Soweto. One of my roommates, Kim, burst out crying. Her niece had gone home to be the Lord. Now she knew that this was possible, her niece had been in and out of the hospital. So those of us in the room tried to comfort her. I found myself asking her if I could pray for her. She said yes and I did. Then I did what I did best and searched for the lady Kim traveled with. Her friend was a leader and not staying in the room with us. So I stepped outside the comfort zone, and the magic happened. I helped my roommate, blessed her. See stepping outside the comfort zone is so worth.
Of course, I was blessed in return. Later in the week, I sat down and talked with Kim. I shared with her, how while I was in Mexico one time, I lost a close friend whose doing missionary work in Africa.
Why bother with a comfort zone, God won't let you stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment