Thursday, June 13, 2013

So... It's been awhile

Let me tell you living in Alaska can be hard. I know the last time I blogged was about South Africa, and I can tell you a lot has happened since South Africa and today. I'm no longer call myself a kindergarten teacher, and I'm just a teacher. So a little recap of the past year. After getting back from South Africa, I had an interview at Fairhill Christian School. I was hired to teach K-4. I had 7 of the most wonderful little children. I really enjoyed teaching and I was thrilled to be working with 9 really great people. It turned that enrollment didn't go up like they thought it would, and I really shouldn't of been hired. The 5th/6th grade teacher's husband got order to leave, so Walt (the principal) came to me and asked if would go teach 5th/6th grade. After much thought and prayer, I accepted the challenge God had placed before me. So right before thanksgiving I had 12 very different, very unique 5th/6th graders. Things didn't go as smoothly as what was wanted, but I plugged on. During the mess of moving from 5th/6th grade, James was promoted and he became a Staff Sargent. James and I took three weeks at Christmas time and went to see our family. His parents were thrilled, and my parents were surprised. They had no idea we were coming. We got to see lots of friends too. We were able to Jeff and Leona before we left California. We had good rest of the school year. I did the simulcast and had some struggles getting help, but on my end things went well. With the budget issues, James has been home a lot which is nice. Nothing to exciting going right now. We just had a trip to Valdez, and my aunt is coming in another week. I'm looking forward to enjoying the summer, and start back up in the fall teaching 5th/6th grade. I'm hoping to get back to blogging more. I'm also researching Esther and getting really into. I have plans of writing about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment